Learn how to use flat iron the best way! April 10 2017
Without care, the appliance may severely damage the strands.
Wearing a full, smooth, healthy hair is part of many women's wishes. It is not by chance that the techniques of smoothing multiply year after year. There are a multitude of treatments, formulas and even equipment to make the dream come true. Between complex and time-consuming processes of the traditional brush, the plaque, also known as plank or piastra, is pleasing because it is accessible and, mainly, because it has fast results. However, the use of the device requires extra care with the wires, which can easily be lifeless and dehydrated. See tips by the hairdresser Amanda Dias to use the iron without damaging the health of your hair.
To use the chapel you need to face a series of steps. It is recommended to do a good wash in the hair, to dry carefully with the towel (without rubbing it to not open the cuticles of the wires), to use a dryer and then to adopt the device.
Overuse of the hair iron dehydrates the hair. Even devices that promise to moisturize can cause havoc. Like the most common models, they remove moisture from the hair, that is, they do just the opposite of the basic principle of hydration, which is to bring water to the wire. Therefore, to escape catastrophic consequences, the ideal is to abuse thermoactivated protectors and conditioners without rinsing. The products create a layer of protection between the heating of the plank and the wire.
The best models
There are so many options in the market that it is difficult to know which model to buy to use at home. The ceramic tile takes advantage of the competitor's titanium because the board's temperature is distributed throughout the surface of the metal plate in a stable manner. This means that the wires are more protected from the heat oscillations during the procedure, different from that of titanium.
Another positive aspect of the ceramic model is that it optimizes its time, since there is no need to pass it several times in the same wick to smooth. However, be careful if you opt for appliances like this: it provides more heat and thereby opens the way for burning the wires.
As for the thickness of the board, the ideal is to stay in the middle and bet on a medium plaque, which contemplates the best qualities of the finite and the broadest. It allows the smoothing of more wires and also makes the process more agile.
Step by step
- Wash your hair thoroughly and rinse carefully to prevent any residues of shampoo and persulfator from getting into the hair.
- Remove moisture from the hair with a towel. Care should be taken even when the flat iron is suitable for use on wet wires.
- Use a thermal protector in the wires to prevent them from suffering irreparable damages in contact with the heat of the board
- Check the temperature of the iron. Experts recommend that it should not exceed 180 degrees.
- Divide the hair into strands two to three fingers in diameter and pass the appliance from the root tips, beginning at the nape of the neck. Be careful with the movements: never leave the board standing in point for long.